Lexington’s only brewpub is just that… they brew fantastic small batches of craft beer on site, and they operate the friendliest restaurant and bar, serving excellent pub food. Enjoy a brewski and a burger or pasta dish out on the covered deck and feel the breeze. They just brewed up a batch of Occoneechee Pale Ale and should have it on tap for the next couple weeks! More info here. Historic mill building in Lexington.
- Pineapple Kolsch: 5.5% ABV and their most requested beer. A light German beer with organic pineapples that really complement the beer, not overpower it.
- “Way Off the Grid” IPA: It’s called “Way Off the Grid” because the brew master’s hops farm in Camden is completely solar powered, so literally off the grid! This beer should be back to OMB by August using their own local hops.
- 12-Mile Oatmeal Porter: This was the first beer brewed at OMB, so that makes it legendary by now, right? A robust beer which is black in color, very malty with hints of chocolate-roasted flavor!
- Lost World: Another IPA that will be available in July using New Zealand and Australia hops.
The newest star in the Columbia craft brewing sky. And what a twinkler it is! Ultra clean. Enjoy an amazing lunch, dinner or brunch, or stop in for a brewski at the bar and watch through the glass as the owner/brewmaster works on brewing the beer! With a little West Coast vibe and housing a 40 foot bar, all beers served are made in house – fresh, complex, delicious. Foodies, the craft beer culture and community is receiving a big gain with this one!
- Milk chocolate stout: Really good flavor, creamy milk chocolate, roasted malt, bit of a nut flavor
- White IPA: A hoppy character of an India Pale Ale but with a wheat base and spice additions Lager: Mild and crisp
- Peach beer: We grow the best peaches, so where else would you want to buy a freshly brewed peach beer?
Experience Columbia’s craft beer scene by way of the Columbia Brew Bus. Take a ride that includes a brewery led tasting session and facility tour at Conquest Brewing, River Rat Brewery and Swamp Cabbage Brewing. At each stop enjoy at least 16 oz. of beer samples, a facility tour led by a brewery staff member, a Q&A with brewery staff, and chance to buy brewery merchandise.
Wine & Spirits Tour: Every other Saturday from 2:30pm – 6pm! Current tour stops include Copper Horse Distilling, Crouch Distilling and The Vino Garage. Tour begins at Bourbon, located at 1214 Main St. You’ll get at least 3 different craft spirit samples at distilleries and a curated tasting of at least four different wine samples at Vino Garage.
Columbia Brew Tour: This ride includes a brewery led tasting session and facility tour at Conquest Brewing, River Rat Brewery and Swamp Cabbage Brewing. Tours begin at Liberty Taproom located at 828 Gervais St. Friday: 5:30pm – 9pm, Saturday: 3pm – 6:30pm, Sunday 2pm – 5:30pm. Enjoy at least 16 oz. of beer samples at each stop.
Conquest Brewing Company
947 S Stadium Road
Grab a flight, a growler or a pint when you visit Conquest Brewing Company and get a guided tour. Come on in and request yours along with a pint of your favorite Conquest beer!
River Rat Brewery
1231 Shop Road
Brewed on premises, and featured on tap in their spiffy tap room. Award-winning brews and small selection of food, including house made bbq sandwich.
Swamp Cabbage Brewing Company
921 Brookwood Drive 803.252.0250
Swamp Cabbage is open in the evenings after 5 for sharing a pint, getting a growler filled and tastings. Indoor and outdoor seating.